Aims, Values and Ethos
At Winstanley Community Primary School, we believe that every person in school is a valued member of the school community. Our vision and values underpin everything we do. We work together to make a difference by raising aspirations and striving for personal and academic excellence.
Our school values are: kindness, teamwork, friendship, trust, resilience, respect, courage and ambition. Each year group explores a school value in depth throughout the year. Through our school values, we wish to create a culture, where pupils have self-belief and high expectations of themselves and others.
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure and attractive environment where all children and staff are given every opportunity to develop their abilities and to contribute to the life of the school.
- Ensure that everyone in our school community feels valued, respected and listened to.
- Establish a curriculum which motivates and challenges, helps children develop lively and enquiring minds and which equips them with the firm foundations of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life in a fast changing world.
- Help every child to do their best and achieve the standards they are truly capable of, whatever their background, educational or physical needs.
- Promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life.
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the local community and the environment in which we live.
Our mission statement is ‘EVERYONE, EVERY DAY’
Mrs C Whalley