Early Years Foundation Stage
The early years team at Winstanley Community Primary School foster a love of learning by developing children's abilities, skills, knowledge, fascinations and interests.
The curriculum is planned to enable children to learn through adult led and child initiated activities in the classrooms, continuous provision areas, outdoor learning zones and the local area. Opportunities are planned to provide purposeful enhancements that further extend children's ability to use, apply and consolidate what has been learned.
Your child has the right to
- know that every one matters, every day
- feel happy, safe and secure
- develop a positive self-image
- have a sense of belonging
- be an independent and self-regulating learner
- have access to all areas of the curriculum
- have a stimulating learning environment
- each his or her full potential in all areas of learning
To achieve these aims the staff believe that
- each child is an individual with individual needs
- families play an important role
- young children are active learners
- play is a child’s work
- children learn through first hand experiences
- learning should be enjoyable, positive and dynamic
- children learn best in a carefully planned environment
- children need a variety of teaching methods
- the early year’s environment should actively promote equal opportunities
Please use the links below to find out more about our curriculum and ethos in early years.