Ofsted Questionnaire: Please complete the short questionnaire at http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk See the Parent Zone for more details or click on the link below. Compare our school results with other Wigan and National schools: Documents now available in the Information (Exam and Assessment Results) tab.
At Winstanley Community Primary School, we believe that every person in school is a valued member of the school community whose needs, academic and personal, we must strive to meet.
Our mission statement is “EVERYONE, EVERY DAY”
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure and attractive environment where all children and staff are given every opportunity to develop their abilities and to contribute to the life of the school.
- Ensure that everyone in our school community feels valued, respected and listened to.
- Establish a curriculum which motivates and challenges, helps children develop lively and enquiring minds and which equips them with the firm foundations of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life in a fast changing world.
- Help every child to do their best and achieve the standards they are truly capable of, whatever their background, educational or physical needs.
- Promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life.
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the local community and the environment in which we live.
Latest School Calendar Events
3:30 am - 5:00 pm @ School Hall
- Wii Fit KS121Jul2017
8:30 am - 8:50 am @ School Hall
- Summer Holiday24Jul2017
9:00 am - 04 sep, 4:30 pm
- Year 6 Cake Sale
Cakes will be available to purchase tomorrow, Thursday 20th, to children in KS1 and KS2.
- Carrier Bag for Books
Can all children in Reception to Year 6 please bring a strong carrier bag into school tomorrow, clearly named, for sending home their school books.
- Report Feedback Forms
We have had very few report feedback forms returned. We value your feedback and ask that you complete these and return by Friday 21 July. This also acts as confirmation that you have received the report.
- Parking and Driving outside of school
This morning there was very nearly an accident involving a vehicle which was parked on double yellow lines and reversed at speed into pedestrians, almost colliding with them.
- End of the school day
We politely request that the playgrounds are vacated by 3:40pm, when the gates will be locked.