Ofsted Questionnaire: Please complete the short questionnaire at http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk See the Parent Zone for more details or click on the link below. Compare our school results with other Wigan and National schools: Documents now available in the Information (Exam and Assessment Results) tab.
Ofsted 8-9 November 2016:
THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING SCHOOL
“a school which is outstanding in every respect and which it is a privilege to visit”
Full report available via this link.
The children and staff at Winstanley Primary School have taken part in the mannequin challenge to celebrate our Outstanding Ofsted results.
Click on the link to watch the full video "Mannequin Challenge"
Aims and Values
At Winstanley Community Primary School, we believe that every person in school is a valued member of the school community whose needs, academic and personal, we must strive to meet.
Our mission statement is “EVERYONE, EVERY DAY”
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure and attractive environment where all children and staff are given every opportunity to develop their abilities and to contribute to the life of the school.
- Ensure that everyone in our school community feels valued, respected and listened to.
- Establish a curriculum which motivates and challenges, helps children develop lively and enquiring minds and which equips them with the firm foundations of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life in a fast changing world.
- Help every child to do their best and achieve the standards they are truly capable of, whatever their background, educational or physical needs.
- Promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life.
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the local community and the environment in which we live.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Wii Fit KS223Jan2017
8:30 am - 8:55 am @ School Hall
- Gymnastics KS124Jan2017
8:00 am - 8:50 am
- Fencing KS224Jan2017
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Gymnastics KS225Jan2017
8:00 am - 8:50 am
- Dodgeball KS225Jan2017
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Urgent Notice - Bird Seed, Bluebell Garden
Due to children in school having an allergy to nuts, we kindly request that all bird seed be sent into school in a sealed plastic bag before the start of school, via the office and not via your child's class teacher.
- Snow Warning Letter
Please find attached a letter regarding the snow warning. As per the letter, we have updated our Adverse Weather Conditions Policy which can be found on our website under General Information, Policies.
- Cadarn Pony Trekking Experience
26th June - 29th June - Open to Year 4, 5 & 6 Final Opportunity to book for Cadarn. The cost is £372.50 per person. Details are available from the office or Mrs Thompson. No riding experience or specialist clothing needed.