Ofsted Questionnaire: Please complete the short questionnaire at http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk See the Parent Zone for more details or click on the link below. Compare our school results with other Wigan and National schools: Documents now available in the Information (Exam and Assessment Results) tab.
At Winstanley Community Primary School, we believe that every person in school is a valued member of the school community whose needs, academic and personal, we must strive to meet.
Our mission statement is “EVERYONE, EVERY DAY”
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure and attractive environment where all children and staff are given every opportunity to develop their abilities and to contribute to the life of the school.
- Ensure that everyone in our school community feels valued, respected and listened to.
- Establish a curriculum which motivates and challenges, helps children develop lively and enquiring minds and which equips them with the firm foundations of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life in a fast changing world.
- Help every child to do their best and achieve the standards they are truly capable of, whatever their background, educational or physical needs.
- Promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life.
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the local community and the environment in which we live.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Non Uniform Day29Mar2017
- Gymnastics KS229Mar2017
8:00 am - 8:55 am
- Dodgeball - all years29Mar2017
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Spanish Club ends29Mar2017
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Parents Evening29Mar2017
3:45 pm - 6:25 pm
- Non-Uniform Day - Wednesday 29th March
Reminder - Non Uniform day tomorrow, in return for an Easter Egg donation for the Easter Bingo.
- Choir cancelled
Choir tomorrow (28th March 2017) has been cancelled.
- Dinner Money Payment Reminder
Urgent - Dinner Money is due today for this week. Due to the end of term and the Financial Year End, please ensure all outstanding monies and this week's payment are received today.
- Cadarn Horse Riding - Monday 26 to Thursday 29 June 2017
We have one place available for this trip. The cost is £372.50. Please ring or call into the school office to book your child's place and to find out more information (£50 deposit). Thank you.
- PSA Easter Bingo - Thursday 30 March 2017
Don't forget to book your child(ren)'s place(s) for this event. Open to Years 1 to 6. The cost is £1.50 per pupil. Final payment date is Tuesday 28th March in a marked envelope for PSA Easter Bingo, via the class teacher. Thank you.