Ofsted Questionnaire: Please complete the short questionnaire at http://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk See the Parent Zone for more details or click on the link below. Compare our school results with other Wigan and National schools: Documents now available in the Information (Exam and Assessment Results) tab.
At Winstanley Community Primary School, we believe that every person in school is a valued member of the school community whose needs, academic and personal, we must strive to meet.
Our mission statement is “EVERYONE, EVERY DAY”
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure and attractive environment where all children and staff are given every opportunity to develop their abilities and to contribute to the life of the school.
- Ensure that everyone in our school community feels valued, respected and listened to.
- Establish a curriculum which motivates and challenges, helps children develop lively and enquiring minds and which equips them with the firm foundations of knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for life in a fast changing world.
- Help every child to do their best and achieve the standards they are truly capable of, whatever their background, educational or physical needs.
- Promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance for other races, religions and ways of life.
- Make a positive contribution to the life of the local community and the environment in which we live.
Mrs C Whalley
Latest School Calendar Events
- Gymnastics KS116Sep2019
8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Ultimate Dodge ball KS216Sep2019
3:15 pm - 4:30 pm @ Winstanley Primary School
- Gymnastics KS217Sep2019
8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Street Dance KS1 & KS217Sep2019
3:15 pm - 4:30 pm
- Meet the Teacher18Sep2019
3:15 pm - 4:15 pm @ Winstanley Primary School
- Allergies and Food Intolerances
Please find attached information from our food provider Metrofresh received today.
- Important Health Information
We have had several incidents of threadworm reported in school. We are currently deep cleaning areas and encouraging children to wash hands before meals and after bathroom use.
- School Twitter Accounts
Please see attached letter from Miss Martin regarding our School Twitter Accounts.
- 'Woodland Walk Area' Project - Wednesday 18 September @ 4.00pm
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to find out about our exciting Woodland Walk Area project!
- Data Collection
In previous years we have sent out Data Collection sheet's at the start of the academic year asking that you update and amend all home and medical details that we hold on file for your child.